Monday 17 October 2011

Obsessive knitting! Laughing at ourselves.........

"There's a lot of humour in knitting, though I know you wouldn't think it to see yarn just sitting there"
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee


Here is a short film about when knitting goes too far!





There are definitely appropriate times and places to knit. I'm not sure that the edge of a cliff is such a good idea. When I knit my balls of wool tend to go everywhere. No matter how hard I try to keep them in a bag or on my lap they manage to run away. This means I am careful about the choice of environment where I knit.  For example I wouldn't knit on an aeroplane (not that I would be allowed knitting needles on a plane nowadays anyway!) because the wool would easily run under seats and get tangled in other peoples things. Although interestingly enough others apparently do knit on planes click here to see proof (and it's a man too)!

References: Pearl-McPhee, S. (2005). At knit's end: Meditations for women who knit too much. North Adams, MA: Storey Publishing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ju,
    That video is hillarious.....i don't suppose i will see you knitting on top of harbour cone in Broad Bay...will i ? keep up the good knitting phase you have got into. Knitting is so rewarding and i can read it in your stories. Keep up the great legacy and you will be able to pass it down to your kids...one day!!! Enjoy the fullfilling hobby....enjoy the aesthetics and spirituality connected with knitting
    i am so happy for you,
    shilmoni

    ReplyDelete